top of page

You Are Losing Your Shelter

There are several places you can turn to if you need help getting off the street. Some will be more helpful than others, but it will vary from case to case. Please check with every resource you can find. Here we've listed some of those resources, focused on Auburn WA.

"Washington 211 provides the most current and comprehensive database of community resources in the State of Washington (over 30,000 listings), which serves as a central access point for connecting Washington residents to community resources. By simply dialing the number 2-1-1, searching the website, or texting 211WAOD to 898211, people can connect to help when they need it regardless of who provides the services or where the services are located." This is part of the national 211 network (

This gives a list of shelters and resources based on the location you choose. It includes some other resources as well.

This is an overnight shelter (open 9pm-7am, daily) that is located at 2806 Auburn Way N, Auburn, WA 98002. Make sure to call ahead: 253-833-8925

Every week, several different services are available at the same time in the same place. You can get help finding housing, and help with many other things as well.

Seattle/King County CoC

This is part of the Continuum of Care initiative. Homeless Referral Contact Ms. Kate Speltz (206) 263-9084

This is part of the King County Regional Homelessness Authority. There is a location nearby in Federal Way, or you can call. 1200 S. 336th St., Federal Way, WA 98003 253-874-6718, then select Option 4 for the MSC Regional Access Point. Beginning July 10, 2019, this phone line will be answered weekly on Wednesdays from 2-5 PM. Outside of that time, please leave a voicemail with your name, or an alias if you’d prefer to protect your identity, and a safe contact number or email address. Alternatively, inquiries may be submitted via email to Voicemails and emails will generally be returned within 3 business days, with some exceptions.

This is the Pierce County coordinated entry program. There are many drop-in locations where you can go to physically talk to somebody, or you can sign up online to talk to somebody.

This website has a lot of resources, particularly about renters rights and legal help surrounding housing issues.

bottom of page